Monday, May 2, 2011

Sarah's May 2nd email

So about mothers day...

I will be skyping on Saturday, probably at 4 EST, which is 2 your time. So I will get to see all of you!!! I think our gmail accounts has a skype option so I'll just get onto my old e-mail address and connect with one of your e-mail addresses, and we can talk like normal people! So someone be on their gmail account at 2 on Saturday! Yay! I'm so excited. I know everyone will be coming on Sunday though, but since we don't have much time on Sunday, we wouldn't get a whole lot of time to talk, although I will call for a little bit just to say hi to everyone on Sunday. Dunno when. either 2 or 7ish area.

Soooooo. yeah. I'm stoked. We are going to a members house, Dennis Villa who is letting us use his computer. Dennis is awesome. He is Matt Dameon's Godfather. He has a first print copy of the Book of Mormon. I've seen it and it's pretty awesome. And he loves having us over.


This week was great! We had another Baptism, a girl named Linda Seymour, who is adorable and sweet. I forgot my camera, so you'll have to wait for the picture but it was great! She's 17 and goes to MIT. Her friends all introduced her so she has a great support system. It helps so much! There is a stark difference between those who we find and those introduced by friends.

The weather is beautiful, and the bugs are coming out. Yesterday, a foot long many legged thing scurried over my foot. I tried to smash it several times, but it got away. I think it was scared by all the screaming. And the shoe coming for it. Either way, I lay in wait until it returns, and then it will be mine!!!!

Nothing much else to report. Today we had a zone unity activity (which is why I'm writing late) in which we saved the world from a nuclear reactor (actually, it was two buckets of water we had to transfer the water (radioactive material) from one bucket (faulty core) to the other bucket (good core) without getting within ten feet of the buckets and all we had was rope and an inner tube.) It was fun. and then we had to make a rope house blindfolded to escape acid rain. I don't know how it made us more unified, but I do know that if I am ever stuck in acid rain with my zone and all we have is rope, I'm doomed!

So I can't wait to see you all on Saturday! I will try to be prompt, unlike last time, but I still make no guarantees. I love you all!
Sistah Dixon

No comments: