Dear Family,
After reading this letter this morning, I couldn't help laughing! I've become so homesick for Sarah. This is so Sarah! It sounds like she is busy but doing well! I miss Sarah, don't you?
Mom
Thank you so much for the Easter Package!!! It was awesome! It made me so happy!
It's been wet here too, in fact it is raining right now. Oh boy!
So here is the reason I am e-mailing on Tuesday (with permission):
Yesterday morning my alarm rings at 3:00 am and I get up, shower, get dressed, make muffins climb into a car with Sister Stevens, and we go to Lexington.
In Lexington, we wait for two and a half hours to watch the battle of Lexington with a group of missionaries. In a giant crowd, looking a very small field. Then, in a ten minute rush of excitement, pretend British soldiers march onto the field and shoot all of the pretend American soldiers. then they march off. Then we get back into the car and go to the Temple, which was awesome, then we get back into the car and drive home.
At home, we quickly eat breakfast, clean out apartment, and continue making other arrangements for our p-day. Then we get back into the car, drive to the church, park the car, get on the T, ride down to Copley, shove our way through the crowd, cheer on the Boston Marathon runners for a total of ten minutes, get shoved to the back of the crowd, give up, go to Al Capone's sandwich shop with a group of missionaries (I nearly fall asleep in my sandwich) and then we get back on the T, Get shoved around a bit more, get to Kendall, get off, get back on, go back to Copley, find some missionaries who were lost, bring them back to Kendall, get into a car, have a deep discussion about why we went on our missions, drive home, get out of the car, go inside and rush to get ready, walk to the Alewife T station, ride back down to Kendall, go to the church building, have an amazing lesson, get back on the T, ride to Alewife T stop, have a spiritual prompting to ride back to Harvard, ride back to Harvard, nothing happens. Ride back. Get off the T, Get another spiritual prompting to ride to Central, Get back on the T, contact this amazing Hispanic guy who took lessons a while ago and didn't know where to find missionaries, but had been praying for them. Write down his number, ride back to Alewife, walk home, clean the apartment some more, collapse in bed.
Sooo, that is why I wasn't able to e-mail yesterday, but as you can see, it was a cool day. so I hope you'll forgive me.
Things here are great. Zone conference is tomorrow, and Elder Zwick of the 70 is coming. I'm excited! there are going to be inspecting apartments, and mine has been chosen because it was the cleanest. You'd think they'd choose someone else, so there would be something to inspect.
Whatev.
Anyway, I love you all! Hope everything goes well for you! I miss you soooo much!
Sister Dixon,
PS, Baptism coming up on Saturday, her name is Roxanne, and she is awesome!
1 comment:
YAY FOR SARAH!!
Post a Comment