Bonjour!
We have been pummeled by snow this week!!! Two days we've been snowed in. Saturday we were supposed to have a big storm, but it rained instead and now everything is ice! I've slipped down the stairs twice more. I think it's just my curse. I also learned the meaning of "trudge". seriously though, it's actually been really great here.
We also have another investigator, Lee. She's also Chinese and has no idea of God or anything. She's super cute and really wants to know what religion is all about. She says in China, only men are allowed in the chapels, and women are always left wondering what is going on. She's awesome.
Jonathan, our deaf investigator, told us that God told him this was the true church. It was the best! He got really excited, he told us he felt tingly all over and that his heart kept pounding! It really was amazing. Later this week we met three more deaf people who want to hear about the church as well. It's a little heartbreaking, though. We only have one interpreter and she isn't a member, and won't be here forever, so we can't baptize anyone until we get a solid community for them. apparently it would take six interpreters and a solid family ward. We could possibly get three, but it would take huge sacrifice on their part, and we're stuck in a singles ward. For now, things are barely working out, and I trust in the future some solution will present itself. There are so many deaf people here. It could be so fantastic.
My sign is improving, though. I can generally understand what people are saying, even though I can't "speak" well.
I'm sorry to hear about Grandpa, I'll continue to pray for him.
Happy Birthday Tom! The big 30!!!! You are so old!!!!!
I hope everything goes well for you all this week! I love you so much!
Church is true, the book is blue!
Sister Dixon
2 comments:
Yay Sarah!! I miss her :')
Yeah, I miss her too. And Mondays are still my favorite day.....for another year anyway.
Post a Comment