Thursday, December 17, 2009

Capitol Dome

Okay - I already blogged about this on the Wolford blog, but assuming that there are a few that read this one that don't read ours, here is a double entry with different pictures.

Tuesday I got tacet approval to climb up the inner dome to the catwalk at the top of the capitol building. Pretty scary stuff for those of us who get a little queasy with heights. It was a little overcast which gave some grey pictures, but I don't plan on going back up on a nicer day ;)



Travel and Tourism across the street








Not a great picture, but you can see the edge of the copper dome below me. I wasn't brave enough to lean over any further.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Scott, the bottoms of my feet hurt just looking at some of those pictures!!!! I'll bet it was real high (pun intended) to look out over all those buildings. 'Coo what a sight' (That one's for you Heather)

dixon.mary said...

Love the picture of the temple.
Glad you didn't fall off :)