Hey everyone. I just wanted to announce that I got an internship at Rocky Mountain Power!!!! I'll be working in the dispatch center, so if the power goes out anywhere, I'll be the first to know about it :D
Good luck - I'm always impressed at how nasty those guys are when we call them to tell them that a DUI motorist just wiped out a power pole.
Little tip - if a dispatch center calls you to tell you something like that, they will ALWAYS call back asking how long it is going to take the technician to arrive. The fire department can't leave until the tech gets there. The longer the fire department has been there, the nastier they will be to the public safety dispatcher, and the nastier the public safety dispatcher will be to you.
6 comments:
Congratulations Jim! So you'll be the first to know? Does that mean you are the first one shot when the lights go out?
Good luck - I'm always impressed at how nasty those guys are when we call them to tell them that a DUI motorist just wiped out a power pole.
Little tip - if a dispatch center calls you to tell you something like that, they will ALWAYS call back asking how long it is going to take the technician to arrive. The fire department can't leave until the tech gets there. The longer the fire department has been there, the nastier they will be to the public safety dispatcher, and the nastier the public safety dispatcher will be to you.
That sounds something like a food chain. Except with this food chain you are assured heartburn!
Exciting! Hope you make big bucks.
Congrats Jim! I wish you luck! Will you actually be manning the phones or will you be working on some sort of project for the dispatchers?
Good for you, Jim!
Post a Comment