Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Sonnet

One day, while I was writing a sonnet,

There was a man, quite strange, I chanced to meet.

“Magician I, “he said as I would greet,

“for runes and spells I have ‘nieth me bonnet,

for payment, I will write your poor sonnet.”

In his hands then appeared a blank white sheet,

With it he wrote a poem that rivaled Keats.

And better words could not be printed on it.

My brain yearned for a decent night of rest.

My question came, “What is the price or toll?”

A smile sneered his lips, he raised his chest,

“To get this you will need to sell your soul.”

My answer saw him vanish with great wrath—

“Last term I sold my soul for an ‘A’ in math.”

-Tom Dixon-

I'm sure you all remember, or have been told about Tom's Sonnet that he wrote in high school. Well, going through some things today I found this copy of it. I was reading it to Dad and he said we should put it on the blog. So Tom, I hope you don't mind, but I'm putting it on the blog for all to read! I still get a chuckle over it. Those Dixon kids are so clever!

1 comment:

dixon.mary said...

Hahaha! You're a natural Shakespeare, Tom!