
So here's the Highlights story I wrote based on Aunt Emmy's story. It's in the December issue. I think the illustrations look really nice. They still kept the line in that I hate, the daggers one, after I told them to replace it...grr. Well anyways, I still think it's cool. It's in the center fold, too! Today, dentists' offices, tomorrow...the world!
8 comments:
Heather, This is great! I had Linda's email address and sent her this information. I think she will be very interested in this story you wrote about her Mom.
Wow. You are so, so cool.
Can we read it online or do you have to subscribe?
Congratulations! That is really exciting.
I hear that Ernest Hemingway had his big break in Highlights magazine too.
Hey Heather! Nice story! I've heard it before so I think it's nice that you left out the part about the soldier being hanged.
WHAT? I don't remember that part of the story.
The way I remember it he was shot, not hanged, as an example to other soldiers and villagers to not break curfew. Thanks, by the way, Heather for leaving it out. It is a great story.
Yes, Peter is right, that is what happened in the real story. I don't think the magazine would have liked it.
Post a Comment